Scalextric project stalled

the last few weeks have been stalled. Partly because my workshop is icy-cold, and partly because I have a pending repair job.
I am hopeing someone out there knows who designed this Atari clone joystick. I think it may have also worked on a C64 as well. The only clue is the PCB marking 26 june 93 it was made by MAT, a company that built these as a side-line since they focus on higher-value items. Does anyone have a similar photo of the inside of a undamaged unit that I can look at?

Please excuse a lack of detail on this question - I origionally posted a whole article, and blogger ate all my text (As usual I had a copy in notepad) again it got lost. Finally it appeared to work, so I closed notepad, and then blogger decided to merge the edits I had made in frustration...
Pictured above is my window sill, but center frame is a push-button joystick, the membrane type. The obvious question for my readers is this, what hapened to the blown track? How could an Atari (or even a Commodore 64) burn a track like this? I assume I will never know, since it must take about an ampere to burn the track (they are solder-flowed or tinned - not that it makes a difference, since solder does not really conduct well). So my real question is this, how does this turbo-fire button (adjoining the burn) work?

Comments